The Flower Show donations and a Goose house

Today I have been strimming the field borders and have planted broad beans and more potatoes. I have also sorted out the raffle tickets for the flower show and have helped organise the payments the flower show wanted to donate to local good causes.

The Flower Show has paid the transport costs for the village friendship group to go on one of their many trips this year. (The friendship group is a large jolly group of local pensioners). It has also paid for gardening equipment and plants for the village school and will be purchasing a new kitchen water heater for the village hall, so between the three good causes the Flower Show has spent over a thousand pounds and has also been seen to be fair.
We are always looking for other local good causes to donate funds to, so if there are any local readers of this blog that may have any ideas please email me!

Anyhow I have decided on what I would like as a birthday gift (June 1st)....I would like a goose house! (above) Chris sighed loudly when I started to drop hints, I know he would prefer buying me a new (and clean) pair of pants and a smart shirt as my half of the wardrobe looks like Cinderella's closet, but he now knows me so well, and understands a goose house would be a bloody great gift!
tee hee
Now all I need are the geese!

11 comments:

  1. Your village sounds a thriving and active community John, sounds like a lovely place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Chris knows what's good for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, if you lived, say, on our continent, I would SO deliver a goose house to your doorstep.
    Lately we have crafted a hay feeder for our goats, several dog houses, a hen house, a storage shed, and a goat milking stand, a tool box for my nephew-all out of reclaimed barn wood and heart pine. We LOVE, LOVE making stuff like that and giving it for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL Your closet sounds much like mine. Good Morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Big day is drawing near - it's so neat that you share it with one of my sons and one of my friends, so I shouldn't (well, maybe) forget it!

    A goose house would be great, and the geese for it, greater still! Too bad those eggs bombed - too late to get some more?

    Glad the flower show is doing well enough to do so much good.!!!!

    How much is 25p in USD?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What does one do with a Goose House? Does one need Mother Goose?

    Loved the shop door sign in the post below... hubby and I thank you for our morning laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sharon it is just a few cents!

    ReplyDelete
  8. June 1st, eh? I got a week after you. I'm June 8th. Damn, I can't believe it's only a month away! Do I have to go there? I don't wanna. Maybe just a nice meal out...Olive Garden perhaps. I haven't given it any thought.
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Chris should get you BOTH for your birthday, and geese too!! ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. A goose house sounds like a GREAT gift to me!

    But then I am woman who got a goat feeder for her Birthday one year and just about burst over it I was so excited!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope you get your goose house. Your closet and mine sound the same. I keep one pair of jeans and one shirt to be worn we we go out on special occasions. Otherwise, my clothes are faded, ripped, stained, etc... Good ol comfy clothes.
    I shall remember your birhtday for it is the same date as my middle daughter.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes