Mistaken Identity


Comments from Sharon and Louise on my last blog entry reminded me of a funny story I remember being told by my mother!

My mother was a big movie fan, yet she didn't go to the cinema a great deal when she was in her forties ( remember she had twins later in life!)

In 1969 she saw that there was a murder mystery on at the local scala and feeling as though she needed a rare night out she called my Auntie Greta and the two ladies paid their for their cinema seats and the obligatory box of chocs and sat down in a very quiet cinema to enjoy the cinematic whodunnit!
How shocked these two middle aged conservative ladies were....

They had gone to see THE KILLING OF SISTER GEORGE!!!

They nearly killed themselves galloping out of the cinema before anyone recognised them!

1 comment:

  1. That IS funny, John! That keeping up appearances thing back then, sigh..... In the privacy of their own home, they may have enjoyed it! Then again, maybe not! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes