Chicken Course 2010

Another small group of affable despots completed their "Chicken Course for beginners" this morning. Today I had a chance to reinforce some of the areas we covered in the three weeks "theory" sessions and the "students" had a chance to closely examine a live chicken (Lily the tame buff was poked and prodded by a load of eager fingers!!!)
I taught them how to check for mites and lice then they had a go at wing clipping and general health checks, before I let them loose on the chicks.
It was all very relaxed and good natured fun.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I hope no one gets cross about being called despots LOL!
    ~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that, biddy school.


    Everything I learned was by HOOK, or CROOK. No chickens were harmed in the making of Nekkid Chicken by the way though I bare their scars.

    LOL

    Left a question for you on my post yesterday.

    Smooches, off to cause a travesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Sharon,' is also a type of persimmon right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like a group of eager learners. Have a fun time teaching! Me thinks you are in your element when talking chicken! x-c

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes