Protecting crops

There is only so much you can do without any sleep. This morning I have walked the dogs, collected feed and straw for the pigs and have wheelbarrowed manure and compost into bags for our old neighbours to collect.
The first vegetable bed has been surrounded with netting (to prevent scraping feet damage to the potato trenches which I planted yesterday) and the first of the onions have been planted out too!
.....Although I am very weary, I couldn't afford the luxury of 40 winks, as I found a rather bedraggled Scotty (the buff cockerel), standing listlessly in his run. It looks as though he has had some diarrhoea and has some discharge from his mouth (but no wheezing or coughing) , so I have isolated the poor bugger and will try to get a vet's appointment for him tomorrow. I am not sure just what the problem may be..
He looks very sorry for himself indeed.


Spoke to my twin sister this morning....she is on holiday at the moment and is planning to have a tattoo like the one my brother had done in Florida......I despair at her gesture of solidarity!

I need a sleep.....................................

5 comments:

  1. I hope your Scottie will be okay. G'night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of work to do when sleepy. Hope you get some rest and that the Buff will regain his health. I hate these mysterious illnesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew will be chuffed at the tattoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Buff is feeling better John!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Bird, and you.

    Hope he recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes