Broken, fires & tattoos

I have been rushing around like an idiot all day, and am mightily pissed off with myself and our wood burner stove, which is in drastic need of repair!
Anyhow more about that minor saga later!....I was up at 7am, and attacked each one of the hen houses with scrubbing brush and dettol, in an effort to get rid of the yearly threat of red mite. At 9am I looked an absolute site, so thought I would add to the layers of filth that covered my whole body by de lousing as many hens as I could get hold of. ( not the nicest of jobs)
At 10am I took Scotty to the vets, which was a bit of a trial as the whole practice was on its first day of going computerised! Subsequently our wait was lengthened as the practice staff giggled nervously in corners as they banged away on keyboards and monitors..."computer says no!" seemed to be the phrase of the day.
As usual the vet was not sure what was up with scotty, so he had an antibiotic injection (I will give subsequent injections)- in the hope that he will recover, and I capitalised on the visit by stocking up on some more antibiotics and wormer.
I then picked up a load of coal from St Asaph and then managed to collect the spare parts for our woodburner before coming home to walk the dogs, feed the stock and break the stove's glass window in an effort to make good the repairs to the door...
now we have not got a functioning fire! and mother in law Sorrel comes in a day's time......
Bloody hell!
So when my sister called round all pert and excited with her new tattoo, I was hot, sweaty, irritated and covered in soot....oh and less than enthusiastic in my reaction to her new body adornment!
I am not a lover of tattoos, I never have been, but she seemed so excited with her rebel decision to finally have one done at the age of 47, that I relented somewhat and joined in the spirit of the whole thing by photographing it........the design is a winged saying of sorts, a copy of the one my brother has had when he was on holiday....
It's all a bit much. I have a headache, especially after the fact that William got all a bit excited with the tattoo furore and
Janet's dog Jess, and peed on the duvet on our bed
Tonight I am off to Theatre Clwyd to see the Japanese film – STILL WALKING .
Thank goodness for a bit of relaxation in a dark. quiet .... place.....

Now you know why I love films so much


No it is not toilet roll sticking out from her pants....it's a dressing

9 comments:

  1. Oh my John, you have had quite the adventure! Good thing you are going to get some 'you' time to unwind and relax.

    Had to laugh about the toilet paper comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro,
    Ha Ha and everso ha ha. Andrew will love it Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, going straight down to Jan's to have a proper look.

    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! What a day. Hope you enjoy the movie, and that you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that sounded like a fiasco of a day! I have to chuckle over your try of enthusiasm with the tatoo...just the topper to the day. How Funny a Post and enjoy your quiet movie..you earned it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bro,
    You do realise I will get you back for that, none of you are safe.

    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. im gonna give her a black sabbath tatoo with a ball point pen while shes asleep tonight - !! he he

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yeah forgot the "love". and "Hate" on both hands too. !!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes