At Last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The weather has changed. This morning driving rain and gale force winds have shocked the animals as they emerged from the small village of houses on the field. And after eating they have bolted for cover and dry shelter, all with the exception of Jessop(above), who stood on the stone Church wall clucking loudly into the wind.
I have tons of maintenance jobs to do, but just can't get on to do them until the ground thaws a little more, and so, I am still feeling a little stir crazy!
It is so easy to get into the habit of doing nothing, when you are grounded, so today I have kicked myself up the arse and have finally changed my pajama bottoms- which have been "hidden" under my work pants for the last 2 days! (an extra layer is vital in this weather! -but having tartan pj's poking out of a pant leg is not a cool look in the post office!!!)
This morning I have made lasagna, filled all of the water butts, and have caught up with some financial matters, This afternoon I have to wait in for the Berlingo's windscreen to be repaired, so I have earmarked the shed for a clear out, the paths need clearing and William is in dire need for a bath.

I am also having withdrawal symptoms from an enforced lack of cinema trips, so I think I will drag chris out on Sunday to see Up in the Air with the urbane Mr Clooney. Tomorrow night we are off to see Carmen (a live production at the Scala) and tonight I will pop down to see Hazel and have a quick chat over a bottle of wine... so socially things are looking up.

I want to stick a middle finger up at the snow.....now that it has almost gone...my life can get back to some normality

7 comments:

  1. Yay! The thaw is here! Felt like I was going crazy too - I could swear that dear Mr Dorking started talking to me quite clearly! Gulp! Sorry to hear you've lost a couple of your girls, it such a shame but to be expected I guess in this awful weather. Hope you soon feel revitalised xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John - am tardy in following your posts - busy here making jewellery to sell in the summer - instead of leaving little comments on each post, fearing you are missing my bossiness, i am gonna post a big one here - ok?! i sent the picture of the snow so you could see what a real winter looked like, wasn't necessary was it? You see what we go through here in the cold. I am sorry you lost birds, it is a hard time to care for animals (as chickens are really from a tropical climate), my heart goes out to you. It is just wonderful how caring and sharing your neighbors have been towards your urban farm. We usually get 5 months of cold and snow but it has been raining and above freezing for 2 weeks now! You would think it was green but alas it just made a 2" thick layer of ice on everything. Adored the drag queen ad, I fear it wouldn't play over here. I have seen the queen (the real one, hehe) photo before, do you think it is photoshopped or real (not the queen the package)? You sure do have the random critter stories, I think the universe knows how soft hearted you are. I bottled my concord grape wine (2005) and it is 80 proof, too bad you couldn't stop by for a visit here. I deactivated my facebook account too, that is spooky voyeur stuff, it can't be good. It was a beautiful tribute you wrote on the holocaust, that feeling of saddness I too have felt in similar places, as always you describe emotion like no other. Shout out to Nigel, very interesting observations! Glad to hear you have an exciting weekend planned, you sure need it. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi john just been catching up on your posts. sorry to hear about your poor girls.
    This weather is p***ing me off to but at least its got a bit warmer but now the snow has gone everything looks dirty. ho hum spring will soon be here.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't enjoy Up in The Air. It didn't go anywhere. Saw it in Florida last weekend, we went to the cinema for a warm. George is great eye candy though. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, I'm telling you! Winter sucks! Even most birds have enough sense to fly south where it's warmer! Hey ho, as you would say. Spring better be on it's way!
    ~Randy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your social weekend, now that the weather has finally broken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a break in the weather. Jessop looks dressed for the cold. The lasagna sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes