Parents

Another day, another wet and blustery fight with the elements. The weather is not as bad as in the South, where 100 mile an hour winds have been recorded around the Isle of Wight, but still it is a day to be outside as short a time as possible.
Chris has taken his Dad to Llandudno for the afternoon leaving me to prepare supper (a huge dish of corned beef hash and the obligatory apple pie (I scrumped the apples from Trevor up the lane) I walked the dogs up a very muddy Gop (above) to the strains of Gustav Holst's "Jupiter".....which always has the ability to make me cry! (especially around 3 mins in!)
Anyhow, I got to thinking about parents on today's walk, namely my own!....Chris has both his parents living, albeit way down in South Eastern Britain and he is lucky enough to have a good relationship with both of them. They will always phone each other almost daily for a chat, will organise visits at least twice yearly and will catch up for shopping and theatre visits in London....not perhaps quite like the relationship I had with my parents........who were much older and perhaps more staid in their habits and relationships....
As Holst blasted out his "bringer of Jollity"...I had a sudden bolt of realization!......that, at the age of 47, I am, in fact, an orphan!......
Hey ho!

When I got home the turkey poults had broken out of their cage and were mischievously winding up the guinea fowl chicks by clambering over their cage. I topped up their water and feed and left the whole bunch to it.....I needed to get on with making supper!
.

1 comment:

  1. I was close with me folks, and now I'm an orphan too.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes