Tywysog

With the housebound Albert being ever-so-slightly frazzled by four terriers, I loaded them into the car and spent most of the day catching up with non Trelawnyd based jobs
We collected cheap sacks of chick crumbs from the wholesaler, called down to Prestatyn to deliver eggs and collected the now neatly completed curtains for the back bedroom (Thanks to my Aunt Judy for her sterling work).
I then drove to the DIY store in Rhyl for curtain runners before jetting up to deepest Conwy to borrow my brother's industrial strength strimmer. My brother lives near the village of Henllan and the area where they live is totally rural, pretty and untouched. (above pic)
Our great grandmother Fry (nee Jones) lived in a large farm called Tywysog, which is literally only a stones throw from where Andrew lives now.....the name Tywysog means leader or Prince,in Welsh.
The dogs had a hysterical gallop around the garden when I had a cup of tea with Andrew, then it was back home for some curtain construction time (for those that don't know me...DIY is as rare an event for me as playing rugby is to Graham Norton)...but I finally managed to construct something moderately usefull, even though there was not as many screws in the curtain pole pack as advertised..............

The weather has finally turned this evening with a cold wind roaring in with some driving rain. The village looks braced for winter

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can't hear how I try to pronounce the town names in your blog. Where I live, it's Indian place names that twist the tongue.

    I love your pictures of the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will try and type out the pronounciation next time
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? No pics of the curtains?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no...I am sad but not THAT sad!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes