Lovers Tiff


It is no secret that Boris hates Chris........in fact, the spat between them is a perfectly mutual kind of hatred and when they actually "meet", both retreat to their own corners glaring at each other with the venom of two working class slags fighting over their wayward Bill Sikes!

Today it has been lashing down, so I put on Chris' hoodie to protect myself from the rain! and as I climbed into the turkey enclosure to change their water, Boris went for me with some gusto! He gave me a couple of smart karate chops with his huge feet and after catching me by complete surprise, I fell into the wet grass.
Gobbling with success he closed in to finish the job, then suddenly stopped dead when I shouted "Boris!.....it's me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" at the top of my lungs!
He had obviously mistook me for Chris and within seconds changed from jealous crazed dinosaur to meek little canary when he realised his mistake
I sat on the grass and he waddled over to sit under my arm to have a cuddle in lieu of an apology
Thank god I have only one stag turkey! (at the moment)

14 comments:

  1. Hoodies in the village its turning into a ghetto

    ReplyDelete
  2. we need to catch up geoff and drink some cheap booze on the village green!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that normal for a male turkey, is he okay with you because you take care of him? Just wondering because I am thinking about a few turkeys but I don't want something that big to go nuts on me like little Chico does!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are more likely to have major problems with aggressive roosters rather than stag turkeys!!!
    go for it!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a horse that when she was a young foal would run away from me in alarm if I showed up with a new hair cut. (Just a couple inches cut off the length of it.)Now grown, she tolerates my changing appearances in different clothing and hats.Therefore if your hoodie was something new to Chico, I'm not surprised that he attacked.
    Thank you for stopping by my site and commenting so that I could look in on your blog.

    My grandfather moved from Tredegar, Wales to USA and so I've always had an interest in Wales and its people. I especially love the music of your homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are the stories I live for, awesome dude, you speak the magic of critter love so eloquently - turkeys have a long memory, when our son was young like the turkeys he was mean to them, even 7 years later the male will be nasty back if he gets the chance, although with me, like you, they only want to dance and cuddle - yesterday i brought a friend into the orchard (also the bird pasture)to pick apples, i didn't realize her fear of the birds until my turkey hen fluffed up like a male and tried intimidating her - i still giggle thinking of the hen's internal dialog - i have similar experiences with young ones when spring comes and i no longer need my big winter coat - concords and chickens left then i will post pictures from my summer adventures, thanks for the post, peace for all

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont do cheap, besides what village green ??????

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the pensioners bungalows on the seats! that's where the kids drink their cider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wicked feel like a gangsta already

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you should ditch the hoodies & stick to those lovely woollies Chris knits for you!
    My gander is bit like it, he's a sweetheart with me but anyone else has to watch their backs. They have a way of sensing who really loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. boys! you're obviously not in the know. the kids only drink decent beer or vodka and they do that in the park where it's dark and no-one can see them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sigh....

    we used to buy a tiny "party 4" or a bottle of sparkling concord wine!!!

    what larks pip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. John in da hood

    Nx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes