Synecdoche, New York

fantasy? psychosis?neurological injury? depression? or a combination of them all, Synecdoche, New York is a confusing, stimulating and rather bleak study of playwright Caden Cotard's (Philip Seymour Hoffman) last "great" stage production. Having said that...nothing in this Charlie Kaufman production is what it appears to be on the surface, and the movie's surreal message of a man making sense of his life is not an easy ride at all!
I am not sure that I actually enjoyed the film, but I did find some of the performances by a mainly female cast wonderfully judged.
I especially liked Samantha Morton,Dianne Wiest and Catherine Keener......Morton was especially good and played subtle "brittle" rather than her usual slightly mad "flaky"!
I need friends John and Niige to see it and to discuss it at length over a wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes