Margot Leadbetter

I was doing an extra shift this morning, so completed all the chores at 6am, before driving to work at 7am. As it turned out, I was not needed, so by 7.45 I was back home again, and caught William snoring UNDER the duvet, with his head on my pillow!
Anyhow, we have all spent the day at home as we have been waiting for a friend of Chris' to collect the five junior runner ducks (including Wellington).
Chris has spent the time dozing in the chair on the field and Sorrel has tried manfully to look interested in the livestock, but if the truth be known, she is generally terrified of hen,turkey and pig and she does remind me so of Margo Leadbetter in "The Good Life" , especially when she was almost pushed into clambering over the pig fencing to say "hello" to Gladys and Nora!
She came along with me to check Belle on her eggs, and bravely kept the bile down, when we found a blown, discarded and badly infected egg. Belle abandoned her nest and remaining three eggs soon after this, so Sorrel and I dashed the eggs back into the kitchen to check if they were still alive. We bobbed the eggs in some warm water and two of the three "jumped" in reaction so these two we placed in the hastily set up incubator in the kitchen. The ever broody Blanche is again sitting on some eggs, so if and when my promised turkey eggs arrive, then perhaps Blanche will take charge of any little ones that come along!.
By teatime I am sure she had totally been overdosed with animals , so after making them a nice tea, she has gone with Chris and Janet to their ballroom dance class-----not a chicken insight
I am definitely working all day tomorrow! The whole animal shebang will be in Chris and Sorrel's hands....gulp!

3 comments:

  1. For Sorrel's sake, let us hope Chris's class doesn't do the turkey trot!! hehe.

    Went to our county fair today. You shouls have seen all the poultry and critters. You'd have loved it.
    Have a great weekend! Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever teachers come to me for eggs to hatch as a classroom project, I always ask "Are you prepared for all the yucky stuff that can go wrong?" Hatching eggs is such a joy when everything goes right. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have an incubator going now too, it is full of "found" turkey eggs, since Aug 10 so far so good - you have a great wit, it jumps right off the page, thanks for sharing, peace for all

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes