I have been working all day today and most of the shift has been concerned with preparing a poorly patient for the worst......so it has been a little tough. Respite came at 9pm when I wandered around the field locking the animals up and experienced the glorious cool of dusk.
I did have a small panic when Halleh was missing from his small duck house, but was amused to find him curled up with Scotty and his small group of hens in the far hen house.
I managed some small talk with Sorrel tonight, but didn't really do her justice, so I will make up for things tomorrow.

Last night I watched a bit of Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds on tv, and I must admit that I did enjoy some beautifully crafted sequences in this rather "mainstream thriller" Spielberg often does this! amid the popular film, there are always snippets of pure gold!- and one overlooked scene in particular (when Ton Cruise and his kids are escaping the aliens for the first time in a stolen car.) is absolutely amazing to watch, In it the camera pans around and around the speeding car, shooting the action from all angles and freezing sporadically to allow conversations to be watched more closely. If you blink you will miss it, but the complicated choreography of the camera movement alone, is worth the price of a cinema ticket!

Anyhow I think we are off out for lunch tomorrow and then may take Sorrel to the cinema to see the very sexy Eric Bana in The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)......I think it is going to rain all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes