Shimmering heat

The heat has been phenomenal this afternoon and despite Chris' cowboy hat and gallons of diet coke, I think I have had just a little too much sun. The pigs have been sprayed with water, fed cheap white bread and have holed themselves up in their house, and the birds have all secreted themselves away underneath the coops. It has been too hot for the dogs as well, who performed a sit down protest on their morning walk, and now are all fast asleep under the car with the trusty Albert and a couple of the younger pullets in tow.
I swapped some lettuce seedlings with a guy in the village , planted them, delivered a score of flyers for the open day to houses in the village and then painted a large sign for the "allotment open" to be placed on the main road.
I then made another visit to the nurseries to pick up some netting to cover my now non existent everlasting spinach which has been decimated by an overly plucky raiding party of black hookers and after watering all of the vegetable plots the whole day was almost over.
Chris is away again.......so I haven't bothered changing my T shirt (I haven't had a bath either!)!.....I am such a slut!

7 comments:

  1. we don't have "raiding parties of black hookers here", lol, most of ours are white and they only come out solo at night, poor things - peace for all

    ReplyDelete
  2. the block hookers are the "generic name" for my 6 black rocks!!!

    big personalities and bigger stomachs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a fan of heat.

    I hope you are staying cool.

    Just curious but what constitutes a heat wave over there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cori
    anything over 70 degrees

    we Brits are so delicate

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heat makes me poorly, so it's a good excuse to spend lots of time out in the shade with my new ducklings instead of doing housework! So I'm right there with you in the slut stakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I gotta comment on this word "slut"!! Seeing Sara's remark I must say it totally means something different here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cassie
    its original meaning is an "unkempt woman"
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes