Preparation day

This morning I have turned into Laura Ingalls, I have collected Elder flowers to make cordial (Neighbour Della dropping in the recipe earlier) and I have just finished the first cake baking wave in preparation for Sunday!
Friends, family and a score of neighbours have all volunteered to bake for Sunday and Carole from down the lane is actually making ice cream to sale too! (I do hope the predicted rain will hold off!) People are so very kind.
I hope the character that tried to sabotage the day by anonymously contacting the council, will realise just how much good will and community spirit the "Open allotment" has generated. I wonder if they realise that only the Church and no one else will benefit financially from the day . People like my family, friends and all of my neighbours who have donated to it, actually will be the ones slightly out of pocket....to a man they are saddened by one person's efforts to scupper the day
Anyhow I am refusing to give the person another thought, but I do hope that they may be slightly shamed when they read this blog and understand just how their actions are perceived by the locals.
This afternoon I will completed the main weeding of the beds, do some more baking and hopefully will meet up with Hazel. We are hoping to go and see Looking for Eric

2 comments:

  1. Baking, cleaning, gardening, animal keeping - are there no end to your talents?!! Hope it goes swimmingly, Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're flying right over to your open alotment right now! (I wish) Sounds like it will be wonderful. Take lots of photos!

    PS-Patrick is home now! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes