Temper

I managed an hour in the garden, but as it is with too many jobs and not enough time, I completely over faced myself with things needed to be done. The sun is incredibly hot this afternoon, and all of the animals are either hiding in the long grass or crouched in the shade of the hen houses. The 12 juvenile hens in the shed need to go out in their own run desperately, and hopefully tomorrow will be the day that my ultra cheap chicken wire (bought from ebay) will be delivered! I will construct a temporary run for them and they can be acclimatised to the old buff coop.
The two baby chicks who were rejected by Lily yesterday are doing well under the heat lamp by the way.

I have just been thinking about a rather unpleasant conversation I had with a villager in the week. I won't go into details but this person felt as though they were entitled to some information which I thought they were not privy to. After a brief exchange of views, I ended up being rather snappy
I cannot abide bullying, nor can I abide little man syndrome, so when I am on the receiving end of such behaviours I can lose my temper quite easily, which is not always the best thing to do in a small community.
I wish, sometimes that I didn't react so quickly. I envy those people that can balance themselves and then are able to put someone in their place with a dignified one liner. I just get angry and flare up, but hey at least the people on the receiving end know exactly where they stand on a particular issue which is perhaps the only positive to be had.
It may sound a little ironic but despite my slightly battling nature, I don't enjoy conflict at all

2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet man. It amazes me how your words and show the obvious emotions everyone experience in the everyday life, but that culturally we ignore and rebuke. I am afraid to write personal things, even though I have no one to hide myself from, why is this I wonder? Your bravery and candor has inspired me to reach out, not only as an observer but a player. Does this make any sense? Thank you, peace for all.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes