Sod's Law

Chris has gone shopping to Manchester with my sister Janet for accessories for their glittery ball at St George's Hall, Liverpool , so that leaves me weeding and doing household jobs until later, when I have agreed to do an overtime shift at work (for my sins)
Do you ever have one of those days that just does not go quite right? yeap today is my day for the fickle finger of fate to stick two finger up at my best laid plans!
Firstly I squashed a rather bloated dead mouse on the kitchen floor (with BARE FEET!!!!) it was fairly smelly (God knows why Albert had dragged it in?) and even the dogs would not touch it.
I scraped what remained of it from my heel without retching, then decided to collect some pig feed from the feed wholesalers.
I put the dogs in the car parceled up a dozen eggs for delivery and drove to Lloc to buy the pig nuts. Helen the shop owner is great fun and I can call her a friend now, so we chatted for a while as her tame sheep peered through the Berlingo's windows at the near hysterical dogs.
I shouldn't have left my keys in the ignition as in their frenzy the dogs had turned on the central locking, much to Helen's amusement!
We tried every trick to open up the windows without success, so there was nothing for it but to borrow Helen's 4 x 4 and drive back to Trelawnyd in the hope that I could find Chris' keys.
Before I could search for the keys I had to break into the cottage, so had to rope in the next door neighbour's good will and extendable ladder to climb into the bedroom window (not a simple feat with my vertigo I can tell you)
Anyhow after a few fraught telephone calls and manic searching, I found the keys and hurried back to find the dogs content and dozing amid the wreckage of egg shells and yoke stains.! typical!
They were fairly lethargic on their walk up the Gop afterwards

Speaking of eggs, earlier I took a stick and a thick pair of pants to the nettle and brambles on the field borders....in several hidden clutches I uncovered a couple of dozen hen and duck eggs! which is a real bummer....mind you one fellow blogger has just undertaken a similar search and unearthed 77 eggs!!!!! (see http://fromlondontolandgirl.blogspot.com/2009/05/mystery-of-disappearing-eggs.html)

1 comment:

  1. on the positive side, good thing it all happened at once - what a day, that darn murphy goes to Whales too I see - (murphy's law everything that could go wrong will) - peace

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes