Missing Humph

Yesterday I listened to the first episode of the new series of Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue....of course it was the first time since the early 70s that the king of the deadpan yet waspish put down Humphrey Littleton was not at the helm.
Like millions of pre Archer fans, I grew up with this dirty,bawdy, English as muffins radio quiz and the world weary Littleton epitomised the best of British humour to me,.
Wisely the BBC have "filled" Humph's slippers with Jack Dee, the underrated Rob Brydon and the ever dependable Stephen Fry, but although I enjoyed Fry's banter with the contestants I found myself missing Humph's breathless and seemingly vague but wonderfully cutting commentary.
I wonder if the BBC should have let the show die, when Humph did....?
we shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes