Lists

The Dove Cott at Gop Farm above the village

With Chris away, I was up extra early with the dogs- we had a cold walk up the Gop which was lovely in the dawn.It is too early to sort the hens out yet ( I try and let them out at 8am to try and miss the last hunting times of nocturnal foxes), so I am enjoying my birthday coffee with my blog. In addition to the usual coop cleaning,latrine emptying,feeding and watering,I have loads to do this week:-
All the vegetable plots need weeding and clearing
The borders of the allotment need strimming Geoff and I am going to construct an extra broody box/hen house for the extra 3 broody buffs
I need to design an informative poster for the flower show regarding the show's history
The back garden has to be thinned of weeds and the borders shaped.
French beans,broad beans and the remainder of the corn need planting.
I need to construct another wire run for the group of teenage hens in the shed too,( they are going to take over from Blanche and Haleh in their big coop )
and I want to fit in the cinema at least once!

I mentioned previously that I have three broody buffs! With Blanche and now Blanche's sister Beatrice hit with the broody bug too that makes 5 birds!

I have only one nesting box in the buff coop and it is pretty comical to see three fluffy bums crammed into the one box. It reminds me of a game of musical chairs, with three fat old ladies trying to sit on one tiny chair! This morning I have made up another nesting box and set two of the girls ,Lily and Violet on their own nests with just three eggs apiece

1 comment:

  1. Can imagine the girls playing musical chairs with their fluffy, feathered butts!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes