Feeling safe

I like routine I always have,I guess this fits in with my tendency to OCD and my need to cross off the lines of mental and written lists I make for myself daily.
The animals all have their own (natural and imposed) routines and I kind of enjoy how they tend to dovetail into my life.
Every morning Albert appears from his sleeping hideaway to catch me (and this is not too savoury a fact!!) on the loo! Without fail he will saunter up and wrap his paws around my hand and standing on his back legs he will rub his face against mine. I would enter a photo of the event here but taste and decency prevents me.
It shouldn't surprise anyone that the two groups of runners, being totally neurotic and constantly hysterical, have a fundamental need to adhere to routines. When they are faced with anything (and I mean anything) different from the norm they fly into tantrums of Bonnie Langford-esque proportions. Last night was a case in point. As usual they were lining up to return to their duck house, but because I was working until 8pm and didn't get on the field until 8.45 ( three quarters of an hour late!) a low grade anxiety and hysteria had started to build.
All their heads were up and the nervous quacking has commenced and the" let's run around in tight circles and panic" mode kicked in full force, as they spied that I had left a small trowel (yes TROWEL!!!!!) on top of the duck house. Only when I removed the offending article did they enter their house, muttering loudly to themselves as they did so!
I could quite happily slap each and every one of them!
(above is the nearly full grown ducklings-still neurotic and screaming!)
This evening we are off to the Crown (Which has re opened recently) for an early dinner. I have promised to dress smartly.....Chris' stress levels couldn't take me looking my normal scruffy self

The 12 chicks in their run


Blanche and the rapidly growing Haleh in their run

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Know where your coming from on the no privacy in the privvy - Maggie my Border Terrier goes EVERYWHERE with me! I quite fancy keeping some Runners myself, they sound like fun. Best wishes, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. get a box, come round and you can have some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Were you lying on the ground to take those shots? Very nice. I just finished watching an excellent movie - Humboldt County, have you seen it yet? peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairuza Balk isin it isn't she?
    no not caught up with it yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairuza Balk o yes, a small part. I hope you can find it soon it is a real trip. sorry to hear about your hen, you are right in blaming the genetic tampering, such is will much these days i fear, more the reason for our caring i say - peace

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes