Interrupted Work

This morning we had several extended thunderstorms which drove me back into the house and the animals back into their shelters. It has been humid and at times windy, so I was soon back out onto the field planting the spring vegetables.
All my remaining potatoes, sprouts, chard, and broad beans are now safely in place behind rabbit proof fencing and tomorrow I will pot up some sweetcorn and plant more peas and beans! Long lines of green shoots have burst forth in the recent sunshine and even the tulips I transplanted from the cottage garden have flowered in the old metal bucket I salvaged recently from the garden (above)
I saw my sister Ann today who suggested that Wellie the lucky duckling be re christened a more fitting Wellington. He still looks ever so slightly scruffy after the "boot incident" but I think that this is more the nature of ducklings which are the dirtiest animals I have ever looked after(especially as they have a gross tendency of pooing on their feet and flinging it around with hysterical abandon)= the inside of the shed had been pebble dashed with a coating of unmentionable materials!! They truly are mucky little buggers!

Am off for a bath now....I think I am coming down with a sore throat and cough.......

1 comment:

  1. Little Wellington is shooting right up isn't he? You better drink a hot toddy & get red of that sore throat! It's 1013pm now & for a change, I'm turning in early. G'Nite!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes