At last a PROPER cafe!!!

This morning I had a little respite from duckling watch (the 6th final duckling hatched this afternoon). I went to St Asaph to put the Belingo through its MOT. St Asaph is the small town where I was born, and is a historic, but rather empty place, that sports a magnificent Cathedral (above) and the Scenic river Elwy (below).
Unfortunately the Market town centre of St Asaph, with its pretty Regency High Street is quiet and devoid of the usual shops and businesses, However I did manage to find a small, shabby chic fair trade cafe that sells PROPER COFFEE (a rare thing in North Wales I can tell you), so when I was waiting for the car to be sorted, I had a relaxing and indulgent time with my Americano and the daily papers.You cannot believe how such a simple pleasure can be so appreciated.,,,,,,,,,Wales generally does cafe culture VERY POORLY!
This evening I contacted Chris' dad, Richard, who has been conscripted in as Small Holding manager when we are away in San Fransisco. Luckily he has not got cold feet with all the work that will be involved. I hope Boris will be ok with him.....Yesterday he attacked, Gary the guy who runs the neighbouring Village Pond. Gary was looking at the Indian Runners and Boris went wild at him!.....beating violently with his wings and feet.........I was proud as punch at his first show of masculinity!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness for coffee. Congratulations on your ducklings!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes