Sunny Day

The weather has been glorious today. I was up at 7am and had completed all the household jobs (including preparing the evening meal) by 8.30am. I only stopped to have a coffee and a small heart attack ( more about that later) and then at 9am all the dogs and I went over to the field to spend the whole day in the warm sunshineToday I have started to plant out early peas and potatoes, but the work was slightly slow as a steady stream of visitors have graced the field. The two Mrs Jones' (Morwenna and Gwyneth) called down to visit the pigs. Mrs "pen-y-cefn-isa" Jones (right) ran a busy farm for most of her life, and does miss having livestock around her. Ever the pragmatist she delighted in giving Boris a good "feel" to check how meaty his breast was. She is slightly disappointed that I will never kill him to eat! Mrs Jones' grandfather actually rebuilt our cottage! Morwenna does not get out very much due to bad health, but seemed to delight at being given the guided tour. Her joy at having a morning out was infectious.
During their visit, another elderly chap called in to photograph some of the animals and stopped for a chat, and soon after Sue (who had donated her kids old rabbit hutch to me last week) turned up for some eggs and a chin wag

This morning I let Albert out into the garden and literally within seconds he had climbed onto the shed, then from there he scrambled onto the outhouse then appeared on top of next door's conservatory!..I guess it was a case of excitement over sense! The dew on the conservatory roof proved too slippy for his unconditioned paws and quite gracefully and in slow motion he slid out of view and off the roof!..............My nerves were shot to ribbons! I galloped around into the neighbour's garden expecting to see the little chap broken on the stone patio, his stiff leg fractured all over again!, but after swinging quite happily by a paw from the plastic guttering, he had scrambled down the water pipe and was nonchalantly licking his slightly whithered leg......I think he must of frightened himself just a little, as soon after he wandered back into the cottage and plonked himself down in the bedroom window seat! He has sat there all day!

The chicken wire pea supports don't look pretty but will hopefully protect the pea plants from the chickens (though not from mice).

2 comments:

  1. Wow...you have my ideal lifestyle...and I'm in love with Gladys! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for the note - you are right i adore turkeys and chickens and pigs - just like you - good for us we got it goin' on - peace for all

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes