Dawn time

I have blogged about my lack of morning perkiness before, and I know I will never be able to have a civil conversation, smile or even grunt before 8.30 am (and/or after a proper filter coffee)-to be honest I am such a tw* t first thing in the morning. However! (AND WAIT FOR THIS), Being outside at dawn is actually growing on me! This morning I was up and out around 7am. The sun was shining on a frost covered allotment and everything was calm, still and quite beautiful!
Mind you, the silence of the dawn is always ruined by the hysterical runners, who always seem to know that I am around to let them out. They cannot wait patiently for release as the hens seem to do, but blunder around in the darkness of their little house, screaming and quacking at the top of their little lungs!(below).God love them, they are thick as mince!
Hearing the squeak of the gate, the pigs then start their squealing and tantrums, and this is only hushed when they are fed and watered; as long as this is done, and after the runners are calmed out on the grass, does peace return to the field

Today I have booked the memorial hall for my "hen course" in late June. The posters have been designed and I will print them up tomorrow before distributing them to libraries and noticeboards locally. I hope with the credit crunch looming and green issues being so in vogue , keeping poultry may be more popular than it once was.....who knows.....organising the course will be fun anyhow
The rest of the day has been allocated to fixing up rabbit proof fences around each one of the vegetable patches, it has been fiddly work but relaxing as the weather has remained warm and fine . It is March and I have got a touch of sunburn.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes