Pig "absences"

And I said I have no news!
I am convinced that Nora has epilepsy! Very occasionally she will stop dead in her tracks and literally will stare into space for several minutes. At first I thought she was pissed off with me (I was cleaning out her bed in the pig house) but tonight she showed classic symptoms of Childhood absence epilepsy.(Starring eyes, subtle chewing, unresponsiveness)
I dropped some food into the pig pen when I was locking up the hens. As Gladys galloped over, Nora (who had minutes before been squealing hysterically) just stood by the gate and ignored the food I had thrown out for her.
I tried to push her and gave her a slap on the bum, but she didn't react at all. I even waved a few pig nuts under her nose, with absolutely no reaction whatsoever......It took a full three or four minutes for her to come around, in that time Gladys, who is the quietest of the pigs, scoffed every pig nut she could find.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes