Having another field day

Well after the glitz and glamour of the Oscars, it is back to wellie wearing normality today! This morning I have re painted the pig shed ( do you like the matching draft curtain?) and it has been a somewhat difficult job because of a slightly over active pig.
Norma is the largest and most confident pig. She also seems to have a fetish for sucking and biting wellington boots, a habit which is slightly irritating when you are painting a shed in her enclosure. Gladys on the other hand is the sweetie of the two. Shy and more oriental looking, she ambled up to me from time to time to squint directly up into my face, as if to work out exactly who I was. Satisfied I was a safe bet, she then ambled off grunting loudly to herself.
I think both girls are slightly underweight for their size (reading about these pigs reinforces how difficult it actually is to maintain their ideal weight), but by the number of small parcels of fruit, and bread left on the cottage wall by interested neighbours, I have a feeling that they will be built up nicely in no time)
This afternoon I have started the huge job of repairing the rabbit damage to the poultry fencing. The bantams have totally outgrow their run now, so I have taken a chance and have let them out with Rogo and the other young hens. The tiny speckled bantams are lovely characters and quite happily let me catch them to worm. They are the size of a large blackbird, so are ripe for chicken bullying (more common than you may think)....I will try and keep a motherly eye on them
When I was repairing the duck fencing, I felt as though I was playing what's the time Mr Wolf! with Boris, as every time I sat up after working he was literally millimetres away, breathing heavily like a dirty old man and rubbed his chest against the back of my coat in a rather suggestive way!.
In actual fact, he was acting like a dirty old man, cos minutes later he cornered the now responsive Gloria, and shagged her like a good 'un!
Spring is definitely in the air!

I made a ton of savory and sweet pancakes for tea.....is there no end to my talents?

2 comments:

  1. Indeed. Is there no end to your talents?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch your back John, you don't want to end up laying turkey eggs! :D
    Just wondering, why runner ducks? I see a lot of people around here getting them as well, is there something special about them? I think if I ever get ducks, since they will be pets, I like the little Call ducks, do you have any of those?
    I have heard of giving balls to pigs, I even heard of some farmers giving cows large balls to play with, I could see that, they love to bunt everything.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes