Football Crazy

The cottage is a madhouse! I am typing this as I wait for the little man to read our electricity meter. The Welsh terriers and Albert ( who is now almost walking without his usual limp) are watching a slightly hysterical Maddie and George fighting energetically over a football. The Scotties have been racing around like this for the past hour or so, after neighbour Joanne called around with a present of two balls for the pigs!!
Joanne was sure she had read that pigs like balls, and very kindly had swiped her son's "excess" footballs to drop off for Gladys and Nora.
I took one of the balls to the pig enclosure earlier, but the girls left it well alone as they seemed more interested in the pig food scattered in the grass. Mind you when I was looking out of the bedroom widow a bit later, I caught Nora angrily chasing around after it on stubby fat trotters! Even the farmer who had been racing up and down the lane in the muck spreader all morning stopped to watch her!
The day has been incredibly cold. I have repaired the rest of the hen enclosure netting, and cleared the field borders of debris and branches, but it has been too chilly to do anything else. The bantams are doing ok, and their numbers seem all present and correct. Rogo has accepted the whole 10 of them and seems to be watching over them all very well. The ducks have started to lay eggs again too!. I am starting to collect them to fill the incubator again
Off to see Gran Torino (2008) tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes