Jobs and Blogs

The day has been cold and blustery, so much so, I had to hide inside the duck house to eat my lunch. True to form Boris ambled over to share what I had, but strangely enough so did the reticent Gloria, who actually took part of a bagel out of my hand.I repaired at least 50 breaks in the electric fencing (Rabbit activity coupled with natural wear and tear),set up the nursery run for the new chicks (below).and finished edging the vegetable plots.
Chris has taken Janet to ballroom dancing classes this evening. So I am curled up in front of the fire with the latest Patricia Cornwell novel-Scarpetta.
In some ways I enjoy reading Cornwell's novels in the same way, I enjoy reading some people's blogs...and that is their attention to detail".
Blogs, if they are done well, give the reader a unique glimpse into the bloggers' life,thoughts and feelings, ok It may be a touch narcissistic and certainly is voyeuristic in nature but that is a what its all about. Cornwell tells you in minute detail, what her heroine Kay Scarpetta thinks, feels and acts........but also (and more importantly) tells the reader what she cooks,what her house looks like and what her work routine entails. I love this comprehensive view of someone that is far more interesting than myself. What she buys at the grocery store, what she does before bed,are, to me as fascinating as how she catches the serial killer..

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big Cornwell fan myself ... I'm waiting on "Scarpetta" on paperback, though ... I hear it's great.

    Thanks for sharing your daily life, right down to the vivid picture of you crouching down and sharing your lunch with one of your feathered friends!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes