Intolerance

As 70 mile an hour winds batter the cottage (and as I was soaking in a welcomed bubble bath!) I got to thinking about something Chris called me this morning. I was telling him how I asked a very loud lady to keep her voice down in the vets waiting room this morning (Albert was jumping in his basket every time she guffawed!) and he told me that he thought that I was becoming dreadfully intolerant with people, especially as I gallop into middle age!
On reflection I think he may be correct but only partly so. The older I get ,the more impatient I become with others that I feel slighted by- but on reflection there is always a valid reason for my reactions.
If it is not the loud laugher at the vets, I have recently vented my slightly barbed (but always assertive) spleen at the vet's assistant, a senior nurse that I thought was a bullying a junior colleague and village local who interfered with my field!
You know what? I don't care if I am becoming less tolerant! I am still lovely with patients at work, I am a loving friend and partner (Chris may argue this point), so what if I stand up for my rights (and more importantly of those of my nearest and dearest)
I think it goes with the territory of being 47......
Gob shite Gray is not backing down or indeed ,shutting up!!!....so there!!!!
ps. Albert has a temperature today! so is back on antibiotics and stronger painkillers!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you were being intolerent as much as she was being inconsiderate (loud in a public place)or rude.I try to err on the side of grace,but it really cheeses me when I'm in a public place and someone is on a cell phone & blabbing SO loud.It's like they are saying "look at me - I'm more important than anybody else here".Hope the kitty is still mending.
    I did have to chuckle at your mention of your advancing years. he he.You're still a youngster!!
    Lastly, what is that picture?Who painted it?I couldn't get it large enough to make out the detail of what is on the table in front of the woman.Pls. let me know. Have a great weekend. Blessings to you & Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a still from the film
    intolerace 1916
    !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been tagged. Don't know if you play these silly little games,so no pressure. Visit me on my post of Jan 17th to see the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, intolerance didn't come with age ... I've notice more and more intolerance since becoming a nurse in 1994. No, I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but when I order a hamburger with ketchup ONLY, and I get one with mustard, onions, and NO ketchup .. yeah, I lose it a little ... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes