Almost there

The scala Cinema is almost completed. In two weeks time it is due to open its doors to the general public and still the official website is not up and running properly and no one seems to know what type of films and scheduling it proposes to present.
We had a look into the almost completed foyer today, and very nice (if not overly orange) it is too!
I worry just a little that the films may be just a little too mainstream for my liking, as the new manager may be more of a businessman than an "artistic director".
No matter! Just having a comfortable and potentially intelligent venue 11 MINUTES from the village is enough to make me feel excited, today I have put my name down for some volunteer work........being an usher.....potentially means free viewing!!!!
I am throwing caution to the wind this evening and am going to a colleague's leaving do at a local restaurant!......Chris is picking me up later.......

2 comments:

  1. Looks quite comfortable.We went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today.The theatre seats were so comfy you could sleep in them! (I didn't sleep---I enjoyed the movie,and can hardly wait to hear your review of it:<) Oh,about your local men's choir.I was shocked there are so many good singers in your city.I guess it's larger than I thought.You should go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes