Memories

We bought a scanner/printer this afternoon, it was in the sales and cost 30 quid, so it was a bit of a bargain. As I got on with feeding the birds (I gave them the carcass of the turkey which they devoured within seconds!), Chris got to practicing his downloads and I think it's great that two of Ian Parry's (http://www.ianparry.org/main.php) original photographs that we have on our kitchen wall, could be scanned and replicated!.
To those that do not know, Ian was an old friend who soon outgrew his quiet Prestatyn roots. Always a talented and dedicated photographer, he moved to London in the late 80's as a freelance, and worked for The Times in the Uk as well as in war torn Romania, where he lost his life nineteen years ago in a mysterious and tragic plane crash .
Nuala bought me a copy of the winners of the Ian Parry scholarship award for Christmas this year, so it seemed inevitable that my thoughts be concentrated on some of those early photographs Ian took here in Wales, so far back when we still enjoyed a geeky life on the CB radio.
The top photo is one Ian took of my maternal Grandmother during a family picnic on the Denbigh Moors shortly before her death, She had been widowed months before, and even though the death of my grandfather had literally shattered her, this photograph certainly captured her warmth and zest for life.
The bottom picture is one of my family's all time favourites. It was taken just as I was sharing a joke with my sister Janet at a friend's wedding (something about my patient leather shoes I seem to remember).You can almost hear the cackling laughter can't you? God I look around 15!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes