End of an Era?

I must admit I was slightly concerned after finding out that Peggy Woolley has had a stroke! and she is as we speak lying on an unfeasibly large hospital pillow. Husband Jack Woolley is already suffering from the ravages of dementia, so things are not looking too grand for the grand old stalwarts from the Archers. The woolleys "are" well into their eighties now, so is the the genial Phil Archer and my favourite the ever pragmatic Jill Archer . Joe Grundy (he of the yokel voice and childish temperament) is even older, so it seems inevitable that the OAPs in Ambridge will start to be culled off, before the actors themselves fall prey to the ill health and worse.
Strange as it may sound , I will miss all these older characters when they indeed shuffle off this mortal coil.

I feel even more wheezy today, and feel I have a slight temperature this evening. Drove to Manchester airport this morning to pick Ann and Tim up after their epic San Fransisco,Las Vegas and New York........They were very giddy after a wonderful holiday....I am looking forward to our trip new year.

1 comment:

  1. For goodness sake get your self back to the doctors!!!Your menagerie needs you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes