Silver Lining

Now every crap day has a silver lining, and mine turned out to be the TCM film Conspiracy of Hearts (1960) It has everything a middle aged sentimental gay man wants in a film:- a glamorous mother superior (Lilli Palmer- complete with false eye lashes), a handful of sweet nuns, 10 Jewish children escaping the dreadful Germans and a white knuckle firing squad scene with heroine novice (the beautiful Sylvia Syms) and cold nun with a heart (Yvonne Mitchell) facing the not-what-they-seem Italian soldiers.

I must say that I did expect that the more comic nuns (dumpy Megs Jenkins and Jenny Laird) would burst into song at one point, and I must admit I was slightly disappointed when they didn't, but for 120 minutes, I did forget the troubles of the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes