Roberta Flack- Kiling my softly with his song

I love this song. Heard it twice today, the first time was Roberta Flack's wonderful original, and the second time was the Buena Vista social club's latin American version on cd. I couldn't find the "social club's" musak-ish but ever-so-likable song on YOUTUBE, so will be content with Roberta.

The lyrics are stangely memorable, so I felt I had to research them on trusty wikipedia:-
"Killing Me Softly with His Song" is a 1971 song composed by Charles Fox and Norman Gimbel. The song was inspired by a poem by Lori Lieberman, "Killing Me Softly with His Blues", which she wrote after seeing a then-unknown Don McLean perform the song "Empty Chairs" live.[1] Don McLean does not wear his glasses when performing, thus the line "he looked right through me as if I wasn't there"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes