Peace

It was nice to get home tonight and out into the cool of the field. Today has been another stinker, and I am tired of laying out dead patients towards the end of a shift.
The wet weather has benefited my root vegetables as well as the cabbages. Above my turnips are a good 9 inches across, whilst my cabbages (below) are literally the size of a human head....
The buff chicks have now started to grow feathers on their feet, and remain a joy to watch. Not even a month old, they are robust,strong little birds, with bags of quiet personality. I sat relaxing in the evening sun watching them fight over some greens Pippa had dropped in for them.

Postscript: another peaceful experience is the gentle stroll at ten pm, the final walk with the dogs down the lane. The bats are weaving in and out of the trees above the church wall, and a hoard of rabbits can be seen ambling on the grass further into the graveyard and field. The weather is cool but refreshing, and or the first time in 48 hours, it is lovely to be outside and silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes