Listen to the words

The weather has been terrible all day , subsequently I have felt rather down and out of sorts with everything. In an effort to lift my mood I drove to Llandudno for a mooch around the bookshops and to search for some birthday cards. Had a coffee in Water stones, and a walk on the promenade, but the weather closed in somewhat and I left early for home (listening to the radio in the car).
Listen to the words was the afternoon play on Radio 4 , and although I don't usually sit and listen to drama , this chilling exploration of mental illness and obsession was a lesson in tension and menace.
The radio 4 web site explains the plot much better than I could:-

Tim has a problem with empathy and justifies tapping fellow student Sophie's phone as the only way to understand her. When it all goes horribly wrong, he books the media room of the secure unit where he is being held and creates a broadcast for his college radio station. Armed with one 1991 compilation album, several illicit recordings and a script he has redrafted 43 times, he sets about telling his story.

If any of you get a chance make sure you replay this atmospheric and absorbing story from the BBC website...........excellent

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes