World swallow me

Still had the bilious stomach this morning but felt a lot better than I did.yesterday so got on with chores and duckling counting (we are up to a grand total of 18 with two more of the caramel ducklings still to come possibly tonight)


With no mother to direct them they seem to have short periods of excited animation amid long bouts of eating and sleeping in a huge lump of down.

William has wound himself up totally with this sudden frenzy of noise ( they sound as though they are tap dancing in his crate) and is almost in a state of nervous exhaustion in his attempt to watch the brood running around in small circles. Funny Joan and the other three dogs have ignored the newcomers.

Anyhow one of the jobs that had to be done today was the delivery of the old stool specimen to the Hospital's Occupational health department. I duly filled said bottle ( let's skip the details) and with the dogs in the car I went to post a few birthday gifts at the post office before driving the 5 miles to the hospital. As I was driving back through the village I saw Trevor, an elderly neighbour walking up towards the village shop ( which is a mile out of the village). I usually stop and give him a lift, so without thinking I stopped and picked him up.
Yes......readers may be miles ahead of me here, sitting proudly on the dashboard tray, clear for everyone to see was my specimen bottle, very clearly labelled with my name and date of birth written on the side. The contents of the bottle was ...well shall we say.....unmistakable, and I drove Trevor all the way to the shop chatting inanely, hoping against all hope that he hadn't noticed it.
Now sod's law, came into play as we turned into the spar forecourt, as moving with the motion of the car, the bottle slid noisily across the length of the dash board and I grabbed it as coolly as I could and popped it into my car door pocket. I am sure Trevor pretended to have noticed nothing at all, but he soon jumped out of the Belingo, quick sticks.....leaving me scarlet and dying of embarrassment. Bet it's the last lift he'll accept from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes