People who complain

There is nothing that gets my goat more than people that constantly complain about how awful it is to have children. Certain women at work, bemoan the fact that they have no money after paying for little Jacob's extra school activities or having "no time for a meal out, a glass of Chardonnay". I can almost hear that their next complaint is that they "have never been to me", but that is perhaps being a little childish.
Looking after several scores of dependant animals can be hard work and be rather trying at times (As would be the care of a small child- to be fair).Today due to the previously mentioned trots and now a summer cold, the constant demands for food,water,cleaning,walks and attentions has been a bit of a slog, but I will never complain about it.
All this animal husbandry is a life choice for me, and by choosing it I feel I cannot bellyache about any of it.
In the same breath, I think that parents should not complain about little Jacob or little Amber. Children like hens and allotments are a lifestyle choice. If you don't want the responsibility don't have the kiddies.........

ps. 2 more caramel ducklings...total number now 20!

pic is one of my aliums in the garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes