Jobs

My "summer" cold has hit hard today and I feel out of sorts, snotty and lacking in energy,but I have kept going from 6 am sorting out the animals and finishing the gardening. The back garden is looking great and I may enter it in the conservation group's "open garden " competition in the summer.
In preparation for the ducklings rapid spurts of growth, I have covered two runs with tarps so that they can go into the garden for most of the warmer days (remember they cannot get wet until their feathers have grown on their backs at 6 weeks old ), ok the runs are not the prettiest of structures but they'll do
The adult ducks are extremely skittish at times, so I have been handling the new ducklings in William's cage as much as possible to encourage them to be tamer.All the dogs have to be put outside when I am doing this as their literally go hysterical with jealousy. Below is Little Fin looking quite perky.

1 comment:

  1. The garden looks beautiful J and the ducklings are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes