Life .......resembling.........art

Blanche now resembles her namesake in Tenko. She is practically skin and bone and again did not eat yesterday, Stubbornly fixed on her eggs,eyes fixed straight ahead , she refuses to so any of the basic activities of daily living. I am told that this can happen, so this morning I decided to become slightly more "firm" with her.
She growled at me as per, when I picked her up off the nest, and continued to "chunner" when I put her in the run with food and water. This time however, I treated her like a hysterical women an some Barbara Stanwick film and threw a small bit of water into her face.
It seemed to do the trick somewhat, as she stood there open mouthed at the indignity for a moment, then bent down and took a big gobfull of sunflower seeds. Ok Ok she didn't drink or poo anything, but it was a start. Only a week or so before the eggs are due to hatch. I will candle them again this afternoon and then float them in a bowl of warm water to see if the little bugger s are alive.
I am working later in the week so want to cram a lot in my remaining time off. Have to post the old incubator off this morning( I sold it on e bay!), and no doubt have a long chat with postmistress Jenny about the village gossip. More peas and cabbage has to be planted too, and I still have a ton of weeding to catch up on.
Tomorrow we are off to the pictures and Wednesday I am catching up with Katherine for a night in Dronfield. (long long overdue) then to Sheffield on Thursday for a catch up with some old work people for lunch, a mooch around Coles and then a supportive few pints with Jane and Mike, Mike is still having a rough time with a very poorly mum, and soldiers on in a benign and cheerful manner but looks as though he is feeling the strain. A few pints and a chat maybe what the doctor ordered.
Chris and I are off to new Italian in Prestatyn on Saturday ( Three nice eating places?.....! the town has gone all cosmopolitan) as it is his Birthday...then work.....That's the only down side of the week. I found meeting Chris' colleague yesterday, quite interesting, she is obviously a workaholic and totally focused in her goals and achievements.....and she just could not understand that work means nothing to me whatsoever......she just didn't get it......tee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes