The argument for being a bit of an anorak

The conversation over dinner on Saturday covered many topics but we did have one debate on the importance of being "passionate" about something.in your life. Having a passionate hobby is often thought to be synonymous with being a bit of an anorak , but as the wine flowed, we all were in general agreement that this was not a bad thing to be. Ann and Janet have always had an arty streak in them, and Ann's talents have been recently directed into building up a Victorian dolls house. Her group of like minded make over fans is exhibiting small versions of their skills and we had a glimpse of Ann's production.
I must admit, on paper all this would leave me rather cold, but I was quite enchanted with the skill,imagination and thought put into Ann's conservatory. The dog (based on Finlay), had half buried his bone amongst the carrot bed, and scattered "dirt" had been carefully placed on his paws and even on the window ledges of the greenhouse.
Inside, she had even placed vine tomatoes (all ripe), next to casually dropped wellington boots, and plant pots and flowers set on shelves looked like something from Homes & Gardens.
I actually think I may go to the exhibition!
another first for me





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes