Teaching


I went into work today ( Yes it IS my day off) to give a teaching session to the intensive care staff about the moving and handling of acute spinal injury patients. Not many people turned up for the session but the ones that did participate seemed to have really enjoyed and benefited from the experience. It was nice for me also,as they all gave me great feedback and it is sad that through one reason and another, teaching on the unit has been sparse and not seen as a priority.

I am not fickle ( well not that fickle!) enough to be upset the behaviour of colleagues, but I did notice wryly that not one of the three senior nurses on duty today, thanked me for a) organising the teaching session without being asked to. b) coming in to run it in my own time. and I think that this sums up the morale issues I personally feel have invaded some clinical areas of the nhs.

Going home today, I was happy I had made the effort to do something I know I am good at, but more importantly, the whole experience reinforced that my recent application for another job OUT of nursing has been the right move.

I will blog details of this as and when.......................................

1 comment:

  1. Know EXACTLY how you feel. I no longer do that 'bit extra', after the general nastiness (work colleagues and former friends) that it appears to invoke. Cynical and sad, I know, but that's how it has to be in order to maintain my sanity and limit my disappointment with people and life. Nx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes