ps

an old colleague sent me this memory of Marinko by E-mail........

It made me smile

"I also recall that when he was first admitted he spoke no English, but spoke a little German (he'd dated a German prior to his injury), and I remember this was used during his early days on the unit. I rotated 'with' him when he moved to South 4 (?) for rehab, and he also taught me a little Croatian, a phrase that I can still recall: "dobar jutro moj pijetao", which (literally) meant something like "good morning my cock", perhaps (in retrospect) a rather funny and ironic piece of word-play that was lost on me at the time. Hope you're OK,"

2 comments:

  1. Just spent some time reading through your blog and love it. Im a former Bangor boy so know your part of the world quite well. Nice to meet you. David

    ReplyDelete
  2. many thanks, glad you like it, though it is hardly very interesting at times!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes