Richard,Blanche, and Elizabeth the First!

Well it is a little scary but I have an inkling of what Chris will look like in 20 years time!(bottom pic) They have been son/father bonding today down at the stable and are off to a brass band concert tomorrow afternoon ( I would rather push needles slowly into my eyes). Richard is putting some fox proof latches onto the hen houses tomorrow too, which is kind of him. New Girl Blanche (pic) is just getting her confidence and is indeed a beautiful hen

I was really looking forward to Elizabeth: The Golden Age tonight, and I am sorry to say that generally I was disappointed with what was on offer. Beautiful to look at, it reminded me of one of Michael Bay's films, pretty but all rather empty. I just didn't connect with it at all and to be honest I
found it all a bit melodramatic! Cate Blanchett was fine as always as Elizabeth ,Clive Owen intensely buckling his squash with the best of them was great fun as Raleigh; but for me it was Samantha Morton in an all-too-brief role as Mary Stuart, that was a standout. I could have watched her all evening. She truly looks a bit on the rough side of mad!

1 comment:

  1. I liked the juxtaposition of the picture of the hen and that of Elizabeth. Was this intentional? Nx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes