8am

There ARE things I miss from Sheffield. Friends,my old 1930's dining room, theatre, the Sheffield accent! but there is one thing that I don't miss and that is the view of a brick wall from our old bedroom window.
I love having a short lie in on a Sunday morning in our stereotype/country cottage bedroom! no noise! a few chirping birds, dogs snoring, view of the chickens bouncing around the field........cup of tea, vintage eiderdown and idle thoughts are the order of the day. Chris has dragged his dad to see the dreaded Pippa first thing, so I am on breakfast duties later this morning. Richard sounds rather more breathless and creaking than of late ( They had a long walk to see the brass band concert yesterday) so I think he should rest today.He won't complain too much as he is always eager to please.
Anyhow only 4 days to New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes