A worry


What a surprise, ITU quieter today, so I ask for an annual leave day. The senior sister on nights says no, and I get moved to help run a ward that I have no knowledge of. Humm wonderful management!!!!!!!!!!!! My displeasure was evident to all, but that is the price I have to pay for being a grunt and not a manager any more. I went to work on a medical ward, and work I did! .....As a ward manager I checked the standard of care constantly and prided myself on a job well done. As a lowly staff nurse I am constantly shocked at the pressures put on understaffed ward personnel and the tatty haphazard organisation and sloppy care that can result. For obvious reasons I am not going to say more....suffice to say....I just don't want to be old and get admitted to a DGH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes