Autumn


The weather has changed, albeit imperceptibly, and there is the merest hint of chill and autumn in the air. Work has started to renovate the village hall (several hundred thousand pound grant from the Welsh Office) ready for spring and the Chickens and ducks are all off to roost earlier and earlier. Fox activity is apparently highest at this time and I have become rather paranoid about the "girls" safety every night. The ducks, led by the two females Maude and Nell have realised the nightly routine, and actually queue up at the entrance to their house at dusk ,waiting to be shut in. Their ark is robust so would withstand a direct fox attack, as is the large coop which houses Mildred and 9 of the other hens. Robina, Trinny, Susanna, Glen Close and 2 of the Andrew's sisters are crammed into the other ark which looks fairly safe, but I am still worried about the black hookers who are housed in the all together more flimsy ebay house. Chris has suggested I buy a gun, but I suspect I would look like Elmer Fudge on a bad day if I ever did.

Is it me, or does Samantha Morton from Elizabeth-The Golden Age look absolutely nuts
striking but nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes