silliness, the nicest part of the day and a few thoughts

I was amused to read that a racism row has broken out after villagers posed as 'Muslim Page 3 girls' during a carnival parade in Newquay.
The 17 revellers dressed in burkhas held up placards with names such as Miss Sleptwithajudgistan and Miss Hairyassisbadistan.
The group calling themselves 'The Page 3 Beauties from the Ramalama Ding Dong Times' apparently held compasses in a bid to find Mecca and at one point the group rushed to a house shouting 'mosque, mosque', much to the amusement of the crowds. (I did find that rather funny),



Harmless fun or racist and dangerous given the present political climate? well it can be debated both ways; I would like to think that the carnival goers intentions were innocent ( after all as a child I remember all sorts of "gentle" micky takes in our own local parades), but sadly I somehow doubt it in this rather stupid case.

Chris left the cottage at some unearthly hour this morning, to catch a train to Scotland for a conference, so I had to get up at dawn to see to the dogs and to let the girls out of the hen houses. I don't usually get up until 8 am, so today's 6 am start was a bit of a jolt, but the weather is so glorious and the view from the window, so pretty, I am reminded that this part of the day is probably the best. I have listened to the radio whilst drinking my filter coffee ( my treat for the day) and have read e mails and the news , and apart from a brief moment of farce when William and Meg pulled half a dozen eggs off the kitchen table, all has been peaceful.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere else

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I never got back to my journal until now, to thank you for your post; I loved having you stop in and set a spell:) Reading your best time of the day thoughts warmed my heart.
    I love your bartered purchase. I would love to have a go at some organic eggs.
    I lived on a 10 acre small farm in North Carolina and commuted from there to my home in New
    York City to visit my mom when I was younger. We had a lot of chickens, eggs of course, and a garden with yellow corn, white shoe peg corn--which I loved--lots of string beans, and collards; almost every Southern AF/AM person's most favorite vegetable:) We also grew watermelons and cantaloupe along with our peaches and our pecan tree.
    Our neighbors down the road, all ways butchered some of their hogs and cows to sell, so we got some of our meat from them.
    I moved back home--to NY.NY-- finally to care for my mom. She left my son and I Thanksgiving Eve 2004. Since then, I've had the most horrid sticker shock of my life. Food is ridiculously expensive in this crazy place, that is home to so much. They grow no food here, like they do iN CA, where I lived for 30 years or Texas, where I lived for nearly 10 years; and it shows.
    However, I have found the green grocers; my mom swore by them, but so far I am unable to take advantage of that opportunity, as much as I hope to the future.
    Gee, it looks like I needed to chat with you:):)
    I want to link your journal because I love reading your thoughts and observations. I totally identify with the innocence of the silly youngsters in Burkas; the world can be so uptight sometimes.
    Let me know if it's OK to link you up.

    I have a Live Journal for fanfic reading, posting screencaps and wonderful pics of my most favorite actor in the entire world, Jake Gyllenhaal; that is where I'm usually hanging out.
    see ya again,
    sass

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes