The ever pragmatic Jason Bourne, Stardust and Cynicism

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) is one of those superior remakes/sequels we have got to know all too well in recent years as Hollywood sticks to the tried and tested. Despite this I did enjoy it as British director Paul Greengrass (he of the amazing and traumatic United 93 ) gave the whole thing a bit a zip! Essentially the film is three exciting set piece chases, but they are so exciting,you can forgive the rest of the convoluted story line! Incidentally the striking Joan Allen does look a bit like a head on a stick!

This morning a friend "said" quite eloquently..

I’m reminded here of Carl Sagan’s expression, “we are all made
of stardust”, something that I’ve been thinking an awful lot about recently,
that we are only a moment in space and time, and nothing else: the lines on a
map, the breath of our last words, the ink on the paper, the sound of the ship
at night..............I perhaps ought to remind myself, without complacency,
that I still have some very, very important friends who have stayed with me over
the years (and me, with them) and with whom I have never had any reason to feel
insecure. I guess they are my stardust, and me theirs.

I think I understood what they were trying to convey, and I was touched by what was said, as indeed I was when another friend Nia, (On holiday in the Uk from home in Australia) simply texted me asking if we could meet next week. No song and dance, no games,no agenda, just a simple positive invitation to catch up! Sorted out to catch up with Nu in October in a similar simple way yesterday,and that got me thinking of another friend who sometimes adopts a more cynical attitude to other people's life choices,statements and actions. Although I can be challenging (understatement) I do always try to take a positive view of my Friends' lives and I find the odd negative "jibe" from this one friend rather upsetting at times and difficult to ignore as I am not always sure of where it actually comes from. Perhaps it may just be realistic to accept that stardust is not always a fluffy bunny type of thing!

feeling rather stuffy and head cold-like! I feel a duvet on the couch day coming on

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes