Coed Bell


I am not one for visiting gravesides, I have never really felt the need to do so. But conversations with Chris and again with Mike last night about the dream I had about Fin and my maternal grandmother, made me think about Coed Bell, where my grandparents are buried.
I passed the cemetery this evening, on my way home from walking the dogs on the beach, and on the spur of the moment I stopped. It has been over 15 years since I visited their grave, but I remembered exactly where it was located on the hillside overlooking Liverpool bay.
I had forgotten just how basic the headstone inscription was, (my mother's decision I recall) and I think it's simplicity is kind of moving. I had also forgotten that Gran died only a year after Grandad, which made the inscription of "together" even more poignant.
I wasn't sad at visiting the cemetary, nor was I overly thoughtful at being there. It was just nice to remember them for a brief moment in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes