Supersize my cabbage, & "Bronwen" on the Beach,

With my trainer in shot to give a sense of scale,readers will not be surprised that I am pleased with the size of my cabbages! Also, I cannot quite keep up with potato orders from work and the village and need to dig up another few trugs tomorrow.


Prestatyn beach, like most Uk Beaches in bad weather, can look rather forlorn, and that can in turn feel rather depressing. Often I see an old school classmate at central beach, and meeting her often leaves me a tad melancholy which is often exaggerated by an overcast day. Bronwen (not her name) was never a popular girl in school and was often the butt of female bullies because of the affected way she carried herself. (her nickname was Queenie in way of explanation!). Thirty years later, she looks the same as she always did (unfashionable clothes with too tall a shoe heel) and sits in her car by the water for long stretches, reading the paper, with her senile mother slumped in the passenger seat. I always stop for a chat when I pass, as her scruffy affable terrier loves meeting up with my pack, and we swap smalltalk about pets,work and the weather. Perhaps I am totally wrong, but Bronwen always strikes me as that lonely lumpy girl, I always thought she was at school and with the risk of sounding patronising, I find that just a little sad.......

Norming and storming continues amid the dog pack and this is complicated when our pack meets with Celt and Samson (Carole's dogs) William continues to be a joy; bouncy,extremely lovable and just a bit gauche and spends much of his time falling over his oversized paws, rather like Scooby doo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes